Wednesday 28 October 2020

Burgers of Paphos

 I have a thing for burgers! Here's my review of the most prominent "burger joints" in Paphos that I visited this Summer.


Phil's Bar and Grill

It's  not in Paphos town exactly- The address is Peiya but it's actually in Coral Bay. You can catch the 615 bus from Kato Paphos every 15 minutes (It's €1.50pp before 6pm and €2.50pp after 6pm. Most of the reviews on Tripadvisor for Phil's say that the food is great but service is bad. I would agree. The inside of the bar is done up like a 1920s speakeasy!



Menu: 9/10 (It's a full steakhouse menu)
Presentation: 7/10
Taste: 9/10
Drinks: 10/10 -> I had two Caipirinhas and I felt like I was back in Brazil!!
Service: 1/10 -> Really. It was BAD






BUR-GER
This is the number 1 rated burger bar on Tripadvisor and I can see why. It's very modern. You order by filling out a questionnaire style sheet. You can select a pre-made burger or build your own. I built me own. I also tried the wings: They come in "Original" or "Effing hot" - The "Effing hot" ones were definitely not hot. 







Menu: 8/10  It's just burgers. Didn't bother me since I came specifically for the burger. I loved the way I got to order on paper :)
Presentation: 8/10
Taste: 8/10
Drinks: I only had a Keo so can't comment on cocktails
Service: 8/10


Argos Burger
Argos burger is uptown Paphos. It definitely has more of a 'local' feel about it. The menu is broad with lots of different types of burgers to choose from. I ordered the "If you dare" burger and was warned that it was spicy - It had a little bit of a kick in it, but definitely not enough for it to come with a warning! I sat outside on a picnic bench style table which I loved. 

I was charged €4 for a portion of vegetables and when it came out it was a small plate of red peppers, courgettes and mushrooms. I was disappointed at this. 




Menu: 7/10 -> It's just burgers. Again, didn't bother me since I came specifically for the burger
Presentation:         10/10 -> The burger came out all dressed up and a chilli adorned the top. Loved it!
Taste: 7/10 -> The burger itself was tasty but I definitely wanted more spice from the "If you dare" burger
Drinks: I only had a Keo so can't comment on cocktails
Service:                 8/10


I'll update this blog if I get to taste more burgers!

No comments:

Post a Comment