Tuesday 11 October 2022

Celebrity Infinity 2022: Key West aka "The Perfect Day"

   One benefit of jetlag is being up so early that you get to see the ship when there's no one else around. The pool was creepily quiet. I also walked passed the martini bar which looked so different in the morning with the lights up and the ice on top of the bar melted.


I went to Cafe Al Bacio and got myself a cappuccino but when I went to the buffet to get a croissant I decided to sit down and have my first mimosa of the day also- I think this was around 6:30am! Hey, remember I said Holiday Mode was activated? I meant it!




Here's some views of the sail-in to Key West. It was fun to see the island from a completely new perspective!







Tying up the ropes:

 


Where we used to have lunch in Margaritaville and watch the cruise ships docked there!


I then went back to my room to get everything ready for disembarkation. I loved the view from my little porthole!

I had a magnetic sheep on my door (It's much easier to find your cabin when your door is decorated!)
It didn't last. It fell off and was lost or stolen by night 3 :) 


Finally it was time to disembark and meet my sister Amy and her husband Patrick! When I booked this trip I chose it based on the other ports (Belize, Mexico, Bahamas) and wasn't too excited about Key West. I kind of saw it as "filler", I'd been there so many times it wasn't exciting me. However, as soon as I stepped off the ship I was immediately greeted by that atmosphere that you can only find in Key West and I immediately remembered why we call this place "Paradise".


Amy and Patrick picked me up from the ship in their open-door jeep!




We then headed out on their boat. We passed my ship on the way out and only then could we see how absolutely huge the Celebrity Infinity is! (And it's nowhere near the size of the "big" cruise ship!)




Once we got out in open water Amy and I jumped straight in! Patrick served us prosecco in the water!

After an amazing time on water we headed back to land.




After returning to Amy and Patrick's home we spent some time at the pool. Patrick cut down a coconut from the tree in the garden for me! Amy added some rum and it was a fresh coconut cocktail!





Obligatory Coconut Photoshoot!






Absolutely loved this!


On the way to lunch we stopped in at Effusion Gallery where my brother-in-law (Pigsy) has his art works for sale.

I really wanted to eat at Caroline's and it ends up Amy and Patrick had never been! So we went there and got a seat at the bar which is right up looking out onto Duval street. We ordered 4 seafood appetizers to share and they were all very tasty!





Soon it was time for me to get back on board: Amy was terrified that I would become a "Pier runner" :)

 


When I arrived back to my cabin my lost luggage was there waiting for me! Amazing service from American Airlines and Celebrity Cruises in locating my luggage in London, getting it on a flight to the USA and then sending to the the port of Key West!


I can't remember what I ordered for dinner but I know I had French onion soup to start because I took a picture of it!

We watched a production show in the theatre which included aerial arts. 


After the show Brewer and I went to silent disco at the Martini bar which was great fun but the location was a bit awkward. Too narrow for the amount of people there.

What an amazing day... Some might call it "The Perfect Day".
#ThePerfectDay

Big thanks to Amy and Patrick!

No comments:

Post a Comment