Monday 10 October 2022

Celebrity Infinity 2022: Travel Day and Embarkation Day

 My trip started out with a text from my insurance (before I had even left for the airport) saying my flight was delayed. I immediately thought "Here we go, I'm going to miss my cruise". I was travelling from Dublin to London and then London to Miami. Luckily it was the second flight that was delayed! My insurance company also sent me a voucher for a lounge in London to wait in so I was secretly happy ;)

For breakfast in Dublin I bought a beer and had a grilled cheese that I brought with me, breakfast of champions!


I flew from the new "South Gates" at Dublin, which I didn't even know existed. Basically when I went to check my gate number I noticed more than one flight leaving from my gate: Gate 103


When you get to Gate 103 a bus pulls up occasionally and everyone gets on to go to another terminal

This terminal is absolutely empty and very little amenities.




Looking the window to this I was never more excited to leave gloomy Dublin and get to sunny Florida!


I traveled very soon after the death of Queen Elizabeth II so Heathrow was a bit sombre.


The food in the lounge buffet was bad. Luckily the drinks were free-flowing! So the time between my flights went by pretty quickly!


There were no deserts in the buffet and I was a bit disappointed, until I spotted this pancake machine! I was like a kid pressing the button! So exciting!

Soon it was time to catch the train to my terminal and board my flight!

I had booked Premium Economy with British Airways and I flew upstairs on the Airbus A380!!!

Premium economy felt like a nice upgrade from economy. The pictures don't really show it but there was SO much leg room. Also, each seat is individual so if someone "large" is next to you they can't spill into your space.




#TravelTipsWithKatie
I always order myself two drinks during the beverage service!


For dinner I chose the braised lamb and this was my meal:





When I arrived in Miami I was too tired and jetlagged to take any pictures. It took nearly an hour to get through immigration. And when I finally got through I found out my luggage hadn't arrived and had to make a claim. I got an Uber to Fort Lauderdate which cost me nearly €70. But finally I checked into the Crowne Plaza and tried to sleep.

The next day I woke up early and immediately headed to the gym to do my 20 mile run on the treadmill. Once this was completed I was officially in holiday mode!

From the lift I spotted the Celebrity Infinity way in the distance!

I got an Uber to the port and arrived around 10:45am. I had selected 11am as my slot for arrival but I was checked-in straight away and also was told I had been upgraded from an inside cabin to an ocean-view! I sat in a waiting area for about ten minutes before we were allowed to board: So I watched my muster information and safety videos while waiting.


Vacation Mode Activated!!!!

Once on-board I was very efficient! I went straight to my cabin to collect my sea pass. I then went straight to my muster station to have my sea pass scanned. I then got my first glass of presseco and joined the queue for guest relations to see what could be done about my lost luggage. They were so helpful and informed me that they'd handle it all, getting it to me asap.

I was then free to enjoy the ship so I had a quick nibble and a wander around the buffet then hit the pool! This was the best time to see the pool, before the other guests joined it was so quiet and peaceful.






Soon it was noon and that meant one thing: It was time to start on the frozen margs!



Fort Lauderdale during Sailaway:



Main Dining Room views:

Dinner in the Main Dining Room was so good! Here's me stuffing my face with garlic escargot:

After dinner I ordered an espresso martini and when it came it was the wrong colour. The server told me that it was a special one with Baileys in it. This is the second time someone has served me an espresso martini with Baileys in it, so maybe its a thing?


Such an amazing first day and tomorrow I would be waking up in Paradise aka Key West!




No comments:

Post a Comment